Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vintage Christmas Finds

2013 is off to a so-so start -

I was so happy that my husband was off from work and that he was able to watch my boys so I could run to an estate sale that was advertising "vintage Christmas".  I was 15th in line and couldn't wait to run in the door.  Unfortunately, the prices were high and the finds were so-so....


I also have to mention that the basement was real dark and I forgot a flashlight.

I picked up these 4 "sputnick" shaped ornies - unfortunately when I get home I realized they were not in good condition at all but I am sure that I can do something with them.



I did get a box of gold tinsel gardland, a snowman that has seen better days as evidenced by his right arm but I can never let a snowman go and he is holding an awesome broom.  There is also a corsage right in front of the snowman.


A ton of ornies but I have to admit they look awesome in my bad photo - not in great condition in real life but they will make great filler in projects so I am happy!
 
 

3 Putz houses in need of flippin for sure.  They do not have glued bases they were stapled and there is rust everywhere.  These guys were made in the USA not Japan.  Do you see the mini Japan one with the purple roof?  I am in love.



An old Santa that needs some TLC and a bath...


This needs no words......

Love!!!!



and some scraggly tinsel garland.  Love the aqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment